All couples living abroad, who wish to marry in the Town Hall of Randers, must fill in a Marriage declaration.

You can access the declaration by clicking on the link in the blue box to the right, or you can come down to the citizen service centre (Borgerservice), which is located at Odinsgade 14, 8900 Randers. 

You have to pay DKK 850 to get married by the local authority in Denmark.

You will be asked to pay before you submit the form to the local authority. You can only pay by payment card and your payment card will be debited once you have filled out the declaration and submitted it to the local authority.

Notice of marriage


When you, personally hand in the marriage declaration, you need to bring the following documentation:

  • Documentation that shows you are staying in Denmark legally, at the time of the marriage - for example a residence permit, visa or entry stamp. Procedural stay (for example during an asylum case) does not provide the legal grounds for marrying in Denmark. This is also the case during complaint cases.
  • Birth or naming certificate.
  • Civil status certificate (a declaration from your native country that shows you are single). It must be translated into Danish or English and be no more than 2 months old. If your native country IS NOT in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, the certificate must include an apostille or a legalisation statement.
  • A divorce decree or a death certificate including an apostille or a legalisation statement, if you are divorced or a widow/widower. It must be translated into Danish or English.   

If your documents have been issued in a country which is a member of the Apostil convention (, it is enough to attain an apostille from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the specific country.

Date of marriage
The date of the marriage will be set, when you hand in the marriage declaration. The marriage can, at the earliest, take place 3-4 weeks later.

Civil marriages are celebrated in the Town Hall, Rådhustorvet 1, 8900 Randers C.

Change of name
According to the Danish marriage act, foreigners cannot change their names in connection to the marriage. Such changes must be undertaken by the proper authority in the non-Dane's home country.

If you have any further questions, please contact the citizen service centre (Borgerservice) by telephone +45 8915 1515 or by e-mail